About Rick Santoro
Syosset, New York 11791
Rick Santoro M.ASCE
Rick Santoro, accountable construction manager with over 25 years of experience in project management, field operations, civil engineering, property management and property development. Completed work in Commercial, Residential, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare and Research. Rick Santoro is skilled at building effective and productive working relationships with clients, architects, engineers, consultants, trades and staff. Excellent mid-upper management proficiency, negotiations and public relations expertise.
• A construction project manager where a strong track record of starting, completing projects and industry savvy is needed.
• The ability to solve complex detailed problems while keeping focus on the big picture in a fast-paced environment.
• My skills are committed to excellence in the understanding of clients’ needs for accurate design management, constructability and procurement advice.
• The range of my project environments have covered private, public and partnership areas where my participation has measured the greatest opportunities and minimized risks through proper management planning, objectives, measuring and monitoring controls.
• Communicative proficiency to all stakeholders, executives and the project Team assuring the life-cycle and all phasing requirements are achieved through contract writing, CPM scheduling, project cost controls and administration.
• Organizing, oversight and regulating the management Plan with periodic key management reviews for content, timing and addressing open items and pending decisions.
• Completed projects in Commercial, Residential, Retail, high-end and workforce buildings.
• Built 2 new 144 multi-family buildings in 9 months then 13 months, respectively.
• Renovated late 1890s, 1906 and 1920s buildings into one large condominium complex.
• Specialist in single family complexes, passive housing design, mechanical, electrical and structural design and field operations and subsurface conditions.
• Business development as Director of Construction Management division through private partnering relationships and qualifying in government agencies. Established industry demand in market sectors. Created a new pipeline for service fees valued over several million dollars.
B.E. Civil Engineering, City College of New York
CMAA – Construction Managers Association of America
M. ASCE- American Society of Civil Engineers
Published in “Real Estate Weekly” profile, NY.
Gallery Exhibit “Dis-position”, Architecture, San Antonio, TX.
PROJECTS – Rick Santoro
OSI Pharmaceutical, Ardsley, NY
• $120 mil., 45 acre, 7 buildings, infrastructure and Utility plant.
• Developed and led the Project Mgmt. team with staff of PMs, CPM Schedulers and Estimators.
• New Laboratories, Vivarium, Mechanicals (utility delivery systems, gases) and Electrical systems.
• Underground utility mains to service buildings for new research and development.
• Developed and led the Project Mgmt. team with staff of PMs, CPM Schedulers and Estimators. Employed 6 Fulltime and up to 20 Part time staff for the project.
SUNY Purchase, NY – Humanities Building
• CM services for a $29 million renovation occupied building on campus.
• All Mechanical and Electrical equipment, interior office fit outs, classrooms and complete Lobby and façade restoration.
Canon USA, Melville, NY
• Constructability review for the new 750,000 s/f headquarter offices.
A. Holly Paterson, NY
• Pre-construction services for a new $82 million extended care facility.
East Lake Drive Residences, Montauk, NY
• Modern architectural passive design, Main & Guest homes, 4650 and 2765 SF of wood, steel framing, cantilevered decks, stone, stainless steel and millwork.
• Managed CM services, owner requirements and pre-con through bidding stage.
• Developed and negotiated the CM/Owner’s Representation services and fees.
NYC Economic Development Corp.
• Anhauser Busch South Bronx Greenway Connector
• South Bronx Greenway – Hunts Point Landing Sandy Repair
• 1680 Lexington Ave Capital Improvements
RPS Consulting Corp., New York, NY
• The Chelsea Mercantile, 252 Seventh Avenue $130 mil condo conversion of four office buildings to 354 luxury condominium apartments and 60,000 sf commercial/retail space.
• Sun Studios, Kings Bay Medical Center, North Branch Library.
• 509-511 Amsterdam Avenue, 24 gut renovated rental units.
• Cancer Research Institute, 584 Broadway, Portnoy Office Interiors
Millennium Hilton Hotel, New York, NY
• Sr. Project Manager for this new construction $90 million 569 guest room & suites hotel.
• Managed contracts, costs, schedules and oversight of field operations and labor staff.
26 West 62nd Street, New York, NY
• Sr. Project Mgr. for this new construction 27 story, 173,000 sq. ft. residential building.
• Completed in 13 months, on-time and under budget, managed contracts, costs, schedules and oversight of field operations and labor staff.
195 Broadway, New York, NY
• Sr. PM for this 29 story, massive restoration and renovation project of a 1904 building consisting of 1 million square foot commercial floor areas.
• Improvements includes all Mechanical and Electrical equipment, interior fit outs and complete Lobby and façade restoration.
101 Park Avenue, New York, NY
• 50 story commercial building headquarters of property management, development and construction.
• Upgrade and modernization of elevators, interior fit-outs and base building.
407 Park Avenue South, New York, NY
• Project Manager for Philip Birnbaum Architect designed, 26 story, 140,000 square foot new residential building, 144 units.
• Completed in 9 months under budget, managed contracts, costs and monitored field operations.
Private Residence, Montauk, NY
• New complex and private home on 12 acres, managed GC and procurement efforts.
Kenilworth, Camargue, Corniche, East Winds and Concorde, NY
• Converted over 1000 units in high-end finishes & upgrades for condominium sales.
• All PM and facility services in pre-con and construction phases, liaised with legal team for custom sales.
78/79 Street Properties New York, NY.
• Upgraded early 1900’s apartments to conventional designs in 12 buildings for preparation of two adjacent 50 story residential towers.
• Renovated over 700 rental apartments, upgrading entire interiors to cooperative/condominium developments.
North Branch Library, Bridgeport, CT
• CM for a new construction, landscape and utilities of this six-acre site with parking for eighty-five cars. The library has 19,800 square feet and the exterior resembles a lighthouse with a marble faced clock tower.
World Financial Center, Battery Park City, New York, NY
• Structural engineer on this $1 billion, 4,000,000 s/f project.
Continental Center, New York, NY
• $85 million, new 42 story, 1.2 million s/f.
Watervliet Arsenal, Watervliet, New York
• Structural design of Facilities Modernization for US Defenses.
Bally’s Park Place Hotel and Casino, Atlantic City, New Jersey
• Phase one structural engineering design of 375 foot Hotel and Casino, new foundations, casino vault and infrastructure design.
Rick Santoro, M.ASCE
Syosset, New York 11791